Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Steak in my purse

My name is Cyndi and I sneak food into the movies. In my purse. Thus far I have smuggled homemade eggrolls, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, watermelon, tacquitos, Kung Pao chicken and taco salad. Today was steak and a baked potato. It was unbelievably yummy experiencing two pleasures at the same time: a good steak and a good movie. Back in my nanny days we used to smuggle in cartons of Thinny Delight, this non-fat, non-dairy, likely non-food and non-good-for-you frozen confection into the theatre.

I started this blog today because I really like to pair the right foods with the right movie so that, at some point in the movie, you will look down at the food you  brought and think, "this just works". I watched the Help in theatres recently and wished that I had had the forethought to bring chocolate pie.

So, this blog will feature movie reviews, possibly recipes and hopefully not my arrest warrant.

New Year's Eve was a GREAT movie, much better than I thought it would be. I arrived at the theatre too late to watch 'the Descendants' like I had planned, because I spent so much time talking to Kayla at the steak place. It's hard to walk away from pleasant conversation, especially for me. I settled into my seat, choosing one in the middle of the theatre, surrounded by people, so that drawing attention to myself would be less likely. The kind girls behind me treated me to a hug with their feet. It was as if I was being cuddled by strangers, if by cuddling I mean having the back of my seat kicked repeatedly by the feet of rude people behind me. I've never felt so loved in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment